A professional body for vertebrate pest controllers
Statement of Purpose
The Vertebrate Pest Management Association Australia (VPMAA) is an independent, not–for profit association. Members are Commercial Operators in Vermin Destroyers or Commercial Wildlife Controllers or Professional Pest Controllers licensed by the Department Of Primary Industries, the Department of Sustainability and Environment and the Department of Human Services to carry out land based vertebrate pest management throughout Australia.
- Support all registered members of the Association.
- To promote professionalism throughout the Vertebrate Pest Management industry.
- To negotiate better working conditions for all members.
- To liaise with Government departments and bodies where appropriate.
- To educate members regarding new methods of practice within the industry.
- To promote a good public perception of Vertebrate Pest Managers within the community.
VPMAA through its membership and acting as an advisory group to all Vertebrate Pest Management professionals will achieve through the following activities:
- Develop a code of practice and or guidelines aimed at standardising practices.
- Develop; in collaboration with members, appropriate policies on issues relevant to the Vertebrate Pest Management industry, for example, all members are to be licensed, the tender process, vermin pest management costing throughout the Vertebrate Pest Management industry, etc.
- Communication with industry on items of common interest, for example, new procedures, materials safety standards and policies formulation.
- Provide input into education programs in relation to access, quality, and safety
- Develop, disseminate and support strategies to assist Vertebrate Pest Managers in achieving the safe and efficacious use of destroyers.
- Form appropriate working groups to deal with specific issues relating to access, quality, safety and the professional use of vermin destroyers.
- Liaise with organisations of similar purpose to achieve common goals.